My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chapter 3 Part 6

  Greetingshellmdeareaders!  

    Last part of Chapter 3! I'll be posting another one or two updates this monthツ And btw, I also updated Why Secretary Kim Chapter 2 yesterday! It's a full feast since I no longer split them into parts hehehe.


Chapter 3 Part 4: Bright Moon VS Ditch 
Translated&edited by Fei斐

    The great teacher probably heard the movement and saw both of us on the other side. At this moment, even if I wanted to drag Peng Yu to disappear on the spot, it was too late.

    Peng Yu walked over generously and bowed, "Hello, great master. I am a Teacher Xue's student."
    When Mu Chenghe heard Peng Yu calling him that, he was suspicious at first. Then when he heard the second half of the explanation, he suddenly pressed his lips together. Although he didn't laugh out loud, I bet he must be overjoyed.

    Feeling helpless, I followed along to greet him and explained afterwards, "I work as a tutor outside, and Peng Yu here is my English tutor student."

    He asked, "Are you doing a part-time job?"

    "En. He is the only one. He is in high school, and he wants to come and see our school."

    He changed his hand holding the book, "It's noon, have you eaten yet?"

    Peng Yu immediately confessed, "No."

    "It's just right, I'll invite you two to dinner." The great master said kindly.

    I wondered, could it be that Peng Yu's name made him secretly uncomfortable that decided to reluctantly fill the meat to treat him?*
(*T/N: don't quite get this joke, but my guess is: 羽(yǔ) in Peng Yu's name, according to the dictionary, means plume. Therefore, he felt bad that the bird's feather had to be "plumed" that he decided to "fill the meat to treat him", or his wounded body. Does it makes sense? Ehe.)

    I have always had an extremely religious belief in food. As long as there was something delicious, whether it require me to pretend to see a netizen (ZXT's), or to eat with this man in his 20s who had become a 'great master', I could bear it.

    The three of us went to a famous Chinese restaurant outside A University's gate. Anyway, the left and right (XT and PY) owe him a meal, so it is better to kill him harder*. 
(*T/N: What she meant is.. it's better to eat expensively when MCH offers to pay LOL. Since cheap or expensive, it is still counted as owing him a meal HAHAHAHAH.)

    When holding the chopsticks, I noticed that Mu Chenghe actually used his left hand. Not only me, even Peng Yu also noticed.

    Peng Yu asked, "Teacher, are you left-handed?"

    Mu Chenghe smiled, "Personal habits."

    That being said, I remembered one thing. That night, when I saw him using a laptop at his home, I always felt strange. Now that I think about it, it was because he used left hand-written characters.

    However, whether he wrote on the blackboard in class or signed things in front of us, he always used his right hand.

    I understand this well. Conservatively, Chinese people didn't approve left-handers, so using the right hand can avoid the curious look of others. Nonetheless, he could write with both hands, amazing!

    Peng Yu said, "I think left-handed people are very smart. Teacher, you are also very smart."

    Mu Chenghe smiled, "Left-handers are not as high-ranking as people think."

    I 'attacked' Peng Yu and said, "Come on, then you will practice your left hand from today to see if you can turn into a genius."

    Peng Yu was not convinced, "It is said that Beethoven, Newton, Einstein and Bill Gates are all left-handed."

    I said, "What about the tens of thousands of great men remaining besides the ones you mentioned? Are they all right-handed? So, on the end of the day, right-handed people are smart."

    Peng Yu said, "Teacher Xue, you're twisting words and forcing logic!"

    I said, "I'm judging the case as it stands!"

    Anyway, I won’t admit that the left-handed was higher than us. Someone must have degenerated, it's definitely not evolution.

    Peng Yu and I became stiff at the dinner table. Even I was surprised that I would quarrel with a young child, who called me teacher.

    At this time, the great master came out calmly to preside over justice.

    Mu Chenghe said, "Actually, I'm half left-handed."

    This roundabout answer gave me and Peng Yu 50 candies each.

    "Half?" Peng Yu was suspicious.

    "I sometimes use my right hand."

    "Why?"

    "Eastern people, perhaps Chinese people, have a slightly different concept from abroad, or maybe, because parents' view when I was young was different compared to now."

    "Why is it different?" Peng Yu asked seriously.

    "You probably don't feel this way, but Xue Tong may feel the same way." Mu Chenghe glanced at me and continued, "When I was young, if Chinese parents discovered that their children were using their left hands, they would correct them very strongly. Even if the family wasn't successful, the teacher would force children to make corrections (as to use their right hand) after they arrive at school."

    "Why discriminate?" Peng Yu didn't understand.

    "This kind of thing is like how people think that white represents purity and black represents evil. There is no reason." I said.

    Mu Chenghe nodded, "The Chinese probably don't like this position, which causes almost all words related to left to be derogatory. So, I had also been corrected, but my temper is twisted and I always feel comfortable with my left hand. Therefore, I would use the right hand in front of adults during the day, and used the left hand when doing homework at night."

    "Will you be beaten if you are discovered?" Peng Yu asked with interest.

    "It's not good if you let them know, just do it secretly." Mu Cheng and Peng Yu squeezed their eyes. 

    "Moreover, most adults only care about which hand you use for writing. As for eating, playing ball, and twisting towels, they don't think it matters. I twisted the towel the other way around, so I used to never wring it out. Playing badminton is a bit of a bargain. When I need to catch the ball with a backhand, I just switch to my right hand. When I first started learning Chinese in elementary school, because I was left-handed, the words I wrote on the notebook were all reversed, no one except me can understand it. It can be used as a special password too.

    Peng Yu laughed, "It's so funny."

    In fact, even though I didn't want to admit it, I was also very interested when I listen to Mu Chenghe talking about the trivial things of his childhood.

    "There are also troublesome things. Many things are designed for right-handed people and don't consider the needs of left-handed people. For example, I hate using scissors because I can't cut things without my right hand. And when you use a public computer, you will never get used to the mouse (position). In short, the left hand and the right hand will forever start a lifelong struggle between each other."

    "That's right," I turned my face to face Peng Yu, and said triumphantly, "It's better use your right hand."

    Mu Chenghe glanced at me, raised his lips but said nothing.

    As soon as I turned my head and looked outside through the glass, I happened to see the huge advertisement hanging outside the computer center building across the street.

    On the left was a sexy goddess wearing a red evening dress holding a blood-red notebook with two lines printed on the side. The first line read, "Thin perfection, aesthetic seduction", and the second line is, "Extremely attractive market price: 6888".

    The advertisement on the right was a famous domestic brand computer, and the advertisement was a black desktop computer, which simply read as "Welcoming Christmas | Student shocking price: 3999".
    Peng Yu said, unconvinced, "But I heard that left-handers are likely to be geniuses, especially in abstract thinking and mathematical calculations."

    I couldn't help but sneer, "Come on, no matter how powerful the calculation is, can it be faster than a calculator?"

    Peng Yu bulged his cheeks and said, "That's not necessarily true!"

    Pointing at the numbers on the two advertisements outside the window, I said to Peng Yu with all my heart, "Why not, is it possible that 6888 times 3999 can be calculated in one go?"

    Just as we were going to argue again, we heard Mu Chenghe replied indifferently, "27545112." Almost without thinking.

    "Eh?" Peng Yu and I were stunned at the same time.

    "I said, the answer is 27545112." He repeated it again to us, who were stunned, with a tone that was really light and breezy.

    After eating this meal, Mu Chenghe instantly became Peng Yu's top idol. Peng Yu walked on the road and kept pulling Mu Chenghe tirelessly to say this and that, asking questions.

    Fortunately, (the relationsip between) Mu Chenghe and I were innocent and pure. Although Peng Yu's admiration* for Mu Chenghe was like a surging river, he was a boy, and could completely escape suspicion.
(*T/N: The original word is 意, which means desire. LOL.)

    Otherwise, it was easy to make people think of that intriguing famous sayingー three people*, there must be an illicit love affair.
(*T/N: I looked it up, and it turned out to be a slang word of Threes*me... but it sounded too vulgar, so I decided to translate it just as it is ._.)

    💜        💜        💜    

There you go! 
Don't you think those two are more likely to look like Mu Chenghe's children, rather than them three  looking like in a somewhat impure relationship? XD 
Xue Tong, Peng Yu and Teacher Muー these three!

Comments

  1. Thank u for the update!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure <3 thank you too for reading!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Popular on this blog

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory [Chapter List]

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation]— Chapter 1 Part 1

My One and Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation] Introduction