My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chapter 2 Part 4

 Greetingshellmdeareaders! 

    Finally (T.T) I'm really back with the update! Sorry for the long hiatus.. My school exams haven't really subsided, but it will not be any less before May anyway, I might as well as just update whenever I can☺ I really want to fulfill my promise to myself: to finish translating this book before 2022, so here I am! Wish me luck to enter the university of my choice and graduate from high school with satisfactory things all around❤ Here it is, the first update in 2 months..

Chapter 2 Part 4: Murong Cheng and Son VS Miss Rose 
Translated by Fei斐 & Proofread by Fanie

    The office used by Mu Chenghe was at the end of the corridor on the seventh floor of the Fourth Teaching Building. The office was small, with a usable area of ​​only ten square meters. There were three desks and two computers. There was also a row of filing cabinets that lock the group membership files of the entire college, and the sign of "The Youth Union Committee of the Foreign Languages ​​Institute" was hung at the door.

    This semester, besides being our Russian teacher, Chen Ting was also the deputy secretary of the Communist Youth League of China of our college. Don't underestimate the Youth Union Committee— from the minor chores of the Student Union to the large selection of talents to join the Party, they handled everything.

    The Youth Union Committee generally had three positions in the college, one principal and two deputy positions. One of the deputy positions was held by students, and was elected by the Youth Union Congress every two years. The current secretary, Teacher Li, was not so young, almost forty, and had been working at the school headquarters. Therefore, Chen Ting had always been responsible for matters in the West end.

    These days, Chen Ting had gone to a different place for training. It was said that he would not come back for several months. So, all affairs of the Western District were under the control of the deputy secretary classmate. Occasionally, Teacher Li would come to see him.

    Mu Chenghe now occupied this office.

    I stood at the door and looked around, and asked disatisfiedly,"Teacher, where do you want me to clean up?"

    Mu Chenghe put down the textbooks and folders, "In fact, there is not much to clean up; you just need to put out the trash."

    So simple?

    My mood suddenly became more relaxed. I tied the plastic bag in the trash basket together and threw it away. When I came back, he was using the computer and his fingers were dancing quickly on the keyboard. After realizing that I came back, the eyes staring at the screen did not move, "You're back?"

    "En." I nodded.

    "Play the [p] sound for me to hear." He said while typing. For this task, I accepted it more happily and proudly showed off my achievements.

    His fingers stopped, turned his head to look at me, and smiled, "Learning very fast."

    I turned my head disdainfully, "It's all my cleverness."

    He acquisiated, "Really deserving a praise."

    I started to feel complacent, "Of course."

    "The last time you took the exam, I thought you must be a good child who went astray, so I didn't report you." He said suddenly.

    Thump. My heart kept thumping inside.

    Last exam......

    He actually remembered that incident and still remembered me. No wonder he was irritating to me.

    (Mutou aka the author said: Xiao Tong, teacher Mu is so good to you. He's doing that to get you back to the right way, where is the Yin and Yang strange- meaning the unbalanced between the good and bad, you can read more about the Yin and YangTaijitu - Small (CW).svgphilosophy here...)

    "Oh, so you were that inspector teacher." I pretended to be surprised, lest he thought I deliberately pretended not to know him and secretly cursed him several times.

    "I thought you would recognize me even when I turned into ashes."

    "How can it be." I said guiltily.

    He stared at me seriously, and after a long time he said lightly, "(You) must study harder in the future."

    I looked over. His light-colored pupils were filled with calmness in the gloom, looking much like a pale ink landscape painting.

    Actually, if you thought about it carefully, I was the one who did wrong first. As a well-known university student and actively pursuing improvement in my mind, I actually cheated on the exam. Being caught by him was a bit wrong, but the evidence was conclusive and irrefutable. The teacher, this 'old' man, did not report me and let it slide in the end. He let me continue to study in the university campus with innocence. After becoming my Russian teacher, he knew that I had a pronunciation problem, and he had been supervising and encouraging, and teaching by personally giving examples. But I didn't know why I was still holding a grudge.

    "What's the matter?" he asked.

    "Teacher, I'm sorry that I couldn't understand your intentions before." I found my conscience and was moved. Looking up with teary eyes, I found that he had left his seat unknowingly, stood up, and walked up to me.

    "It doesn't matter, it's good to understand my feeling as a teacher."

    "Yeah." I decided to become reconciled with him.

    "Classmate," he lowered his head and smiled at me, "It's rare that you finally understand the teacher's painstaking efforts. In that case, you can clean the floor of this office, and then wipe the doors, windows, cabinets and desks." He pointed around and softly added, "If you can, take down the curtains and take them back to the dormitory to wash." After speaking, he returned to the table and continued to fiddle with his computer.

    I was stunned and couldn't digest the orders he had just given for a few moment.

    "Classmate—" He said with a rising end, "You should hurry up, the power will be turned off after ten o'clock."

    Classmate! Classmate! Classmate again! You know, I hate people calling me classmate the most.

    It’s not popular in universities to call people as 'beautiful girl' and 'handsome guy'[1]. The general names were "classmate, how how..." and "classmate, what what...". Normally, I would bear it, but if I met a guy who called it out for a couple more times , I was going to get really hairy. However, if it were not for the teacher-student relationship, I would have punched him already.

    At first, Bai Lin didn't understand why I was so disgusted with this pure and friendly appellation. Later, when I inadvertently read my name upside down one day, it suddenly became clear[2]. Because of a slip of the tongue by my elementary school teacher, the word "classmate" became my exclusive nickname. These two words once became the psychological shadow of my primary and secondary school days. But Mu Chenghe sincerely provoked my sadness as if intentionally. Under normal circumstances, he called me nothing more than three names: classmate! class monitor! Also, class representative classmate!

    Staring at his back, I couldn't wait to gouge out two catties[3] of meat from him. Recalling what he did, I really wanted to ask him, "Teacher, did you forget to be human when you go to work?"

    Later, when I returned to the dormitory, I said angrily that if foreign language department had me, Xue Tong, there should not be such strong person like Mu Chenghe.

    Bai Lin said, "Oh- you have come to (the situation of) 'one mountain cannot accommodate two tigers.'[4]"

    Zhao Xiaotang smirked and laughed, "Xiao Bai, your phrase plus the sentence after that matches Xiao Tong very well."

    I wondered, "What last sentence fits me well?"

    Zhao Xiaotang put on a smile and said, "A mountain cannot accommodate two tigers, unless it is one male and one female."

    I:"……"

    💜        💜        💜    

[1] 美女 Měi nǚ 一 Beautiful girl.

     帅哥 Shuàigē 一 Handsome brother.

[2] 同学 Tóngxué一 classmate in Chinese, has a similar sound to Xue Tong's name pronunciation when it is switched (Tong xue- Xue Tong), that's why she finds it irritable when Teacher Mu keeps calling her that as if he meant to make fun of her name. LOL.

[3] The catty, kati or jin, symbol (斤), is a traditional Chinese unit of mass used across East and Southeast Asia, notably for weighing food and other groceries in some wet markets, street markets, and shops. One catty equals to around 0.5 kg or about 1.5 pounds.

[4] 一山不容二虎 Yīshānbùróng'èrhǔOne mountain cannot accommodate two tigers, is an idiom; meaning there are two rivals to be fiercely competitive with each other in one place.

    💜        💜        💜    

Oh, btw.. I'm not sure when then the next update will be (T.T)— at least after May, but let's see if I can give my readers another chapter before that! You can follow me @feiranghae on Instagram for the latest update notice. Don't forget to leave me some comments because I love to read them☺❤

Comments

  1. Zhao Xiaotang is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is the savage queen..

      Delete
  2. Thank to translate this beautiful novel!!! I hope you can pass your exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're welcome and thank you too! Good thing is, I have my university notice of acceptance in my hand already 🥳💃 So I might update the latest chapter by next month at the latest~

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Popular on this blog

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory [Chapter List]

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation]— Chapter 1 Part 1

My One and Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation] Introduction