My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chapter 2 Part 2

 Greetingshellmdeareaders! 

    You're back with me again~ First of all, MERRY belated CHRISTMAS!!!   

    Hmm.. the continuation of the girls' meeting with Brother Murong.. and they unexpectedly meet someone we all have been waiting for.

Chapter 2 Part 2: Murong Cheng and Son VS Miss Rose 
Translated by Fei斐 & Proofread by Fei斐

    Big brother Murong was originally named Mu Hai, and it really was a big gap with his ID Murong Qingfeng. He studied interior design and now worked in a interior company.

    "Then, you are a designer?" Song Qiqi asked.

    "What designer?" Mu Hai laughed mockingly, "Now, decorating a house, the owners are asking for money-saving, good-looking and practical, but they are unwilling to spend money on the design. The general budget is around one hundred up to two hundred thousand. There is no design style at all, as the toilet, kitchen, and TV walls are all the same."

    Listening to Mu Hai's complaint, I suddenly realized that this person was not as bad as we had expected.

    "Ohー" Song Qiqi also sighed, "We are still going to graduate in more than a year. It's really difficult. I don't know what I want to do."

    Bai Lin lowered her head, "My mother asked me to go back to my hometown to find a job. She said that there is no acquaintance in City A, which makes it very difficult to find a job here."

    Zhao Xiaotang said, "It's better for Xiao Tong, she is a local."

    I opened my mouth but didn't speak. In fact, every family had their own difficulties to endure.

    I was already in my third year of university in a blink of an eye, completely muddle-headed all day long. The thought of stepping out of campus to face the society made me feel uncomfortable. Speaking of this topic, all the four of us wilted.

    Mu Hai paid the bill. Seeing everyone's declining emotions, he suggested that we should go singing together.

    Originally, a girl shouldn't go to see online friendsー especially going to the karaoke hall to sing karaoke. However, the four of them were bold enough to not be afraid of anything. They were idle anyway, so they followed Mu Hai's suggestion.

    I sang my soul out and dried my throat. After a while, I walked out of the karaoke room to the bathroom, and unexpectedly met Mu Chenghe. Although I only saw his back, and even if he turned into ashes, he couldn't escape my eyes.

    Facing the window, he seemed to be answering the phone.

    I moved a few steps lightly, wanting to eavesdrop on what he was talking about, so that I could gossip in the class. However, when I had only shortened the distance by two meters, he turned his head after speaking.

    I hurriedly turned around, pretending to be a passerby. I turned my back to him, and prayed in my heart, "You can't see me, you can't see me."

    Right at this moment, Bai Lin pushed the door from our reservation room to go to the toilet. She saw me, and then Mu Chenghe on the other side. She stood at attention and shouted loudly, "Hello, Teacher Mu. What a coincidence, Teacher Mu." Afterwards, Bai Lin turned to another angle and said to me, "Xiao Tong, haven't you seen Teacher Mu? He's right behind you."

    I rubbed my forehead, forced to turn around and helplessly said, "Teacher...... Mu, hello."

    "Are you here to sing?" he asked.

    What kind of bullsh*t are you talking about, if not for singing then did you come here to eat?

    "Yes," Bai Lin nodded obediently, "The people in our dormitory are seeing an online friend."

    "Online friend?" Mu Chenghe looked inside through the space squeezed out by Bai Lin, "Whose online friend?"

    "Uh... Xue Tong's." Bai Lin shook her head again, "No, no, no, it's Zhao Xiaotang's." Seeing that it was not appropriate, she righteously surrendered and said, "No, actually, it's mine."

    The French chosen by Zhao Xiaotang was not Mu Chenghe's class, so of course he didn't know her. However, Bai Lin changed her words twice in a row and let other people read it completely as if to justify me.

    Mu Chenghe clearly didn't believe it, so he glanced at me, "Didn't the school talk about it many times, telling you not to come out to see online people casually. Personal safety is very important."

    It was the first time I saw him speak so seriously in private, just like a little old man.

    Bai Lin said with a smile, "Teacher, we promise to protect ourselves. Please let us off the hook this time, and we will never dare to do it anymore."

    Even though Bai Lin represented us with such a guarantee, Mu Chenghe still felt uneasy. He left me his mobile phone number and said to Bai Lin, "I'm leaving first. You must call me in case of emergency."

    He walked a few steps and turned back, "Classmate, (I will) give you a good suggestion."

    "What?"

    "If you like singing, you can pick up the song 'Who Doesn't Say My Hometown Is Good'[1]."

    "Why?"

    "You will know when you listen to it," He smiled, "I remember it is the version that Peng Liyuan sang."

    Oh, this person is Aunt Peng's fan?

    When Bai Lin and I came back from the toilet together, I saw Song Qiqi holding the microphone singing. She had a good voice, and it was said that when her mother was young, she was engaged in the cultural troupe specializing in publicity, which somewhat influenced the folks. Therefore, Song Qiqi's folk songs were especially pleasing to the ear.

    Song Qiqi had always been different from the other three of us since the day she entered school. She had a good academic performance, a good temperament, and was a virtuous person. She had always gotten first-class scholarship from the school every year. She also joined the Party[2] this semester. It was said that even her piano skill was an eighth grade[3]. In short, this person was beyond our reach in everything.

    Our school was famous all over the country for science and engineering, especially in physics, which had won many awards at home and abroad. It was at the forefront, but the liberal arts were not good. It was hard to imagine Song Qiqi entering the University A's English Department with the highest score in the whole department. Sometimes I feel aggrieved by her. When I asked her once, she calmly explained, "A Da[4]is so good, a famous school in the country, and I like to learn languages ​​since I was young, so I came."

    I sat down on the sofa, "Help me play 'Who doesn't say my hometown is good'."

    "You're singing?" Zhao Xiaotang asked.

    "No, we listen." I said solemnly.

    Zhao Xiaotang wondered.

    Bai Lin smiled and said, "It's a task arranged by Teacher Mu."

    "Who is Teacher Mu?" Mu Hai interrupted, feeling the affection when they were talking about him.

    "Go, go, go. I'm not telling you." Bai Lin replied.

    I turned on track, and Aunt Peng Liyuan's voice emerged from the speaker.

    "The green hills are connected

    Blossoming white clouds around the mountains

    The terraced fields are green

    A burst of singing goes with the wind..."

    I knew that I had heard this song for so many times, but I hadn't noticed what was wrong with this song before, so I looked at the subtitles on the projection and studied each word and every verse. When the song went: "Ah, who doesn't say that my hometown is good, dé er yō yī er yō[5]"

    Aunt Peng's voice was really melodious with a profound charm. Bai Lin suddenly realized it, then burst into laughter.

    I yelled three times angrily: "Xiao Bai, you laughed again!"

    💜        💜        💜    

[1] 谁不说俺家乡好 Shéi bù shuō ǎn jiāxiāng hǎoWho doesn't say my hometown is good is a 1961 song that later became Red Sun's 红日, a 1963 Chinese Movie, only soundtrack.  (You can click the link to listen😉to it)

Here's 《谁不说俺家乡好》lyrics that I copy-pasted from Baidu (and also google-translated the lyrics):

一座座青山 紧相连

一朵朵白云绕山间

一片片梯田 一层层绿

一阵阵歌声 随风传

哎~ 谁不说俺家乡好

得儿哟 咿儿哟

一阵阵歌声 随风传

弯弯的河水 流不尽

高高的松柏万年青

男女老少 一条心

鱼水难分 一家人

哎~ 谁不说俺家乡好

得儿哟 咿儿哟

鱼水难分 一家人

Green hills closely connected

Blossoming white clouds around the mountains

Terraced fields are green

A burst of singing goes with the wind

Hey~ Who doesn't say my hometown is good

Come on, come on (this is the English translation of dé er yō yī er yō)

A burst of singing goes with the wind

The crooked river flows endlessly

Evergreen

Men, women and children, one mind

Fish and water are inseparable, one family

Hey~ Who doesn't say my hometown is good

Come on, come on

Fish and water are inseparable, one family

[2]  Dǎngー means Party in sense of Political Party, the Communist Party of China.

[3] Grade 8 is the Piano highest/final graded exam, available from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM).

[4] 大 Dà means 'big'. However, the 大 the author used here comes from 大学, which means university. So, A Da=A University.

[5] To make it clear, in my personal thoughts, the reason why Bai Lin suddenly laughed at the part where it goes dé er yō yī er yō was because this series of words when you actually say it in a single breath could help XT pronounce the letter [P] in Russian. So that must be the reason why MCH asked XT to listen to this certain song.

    💜        💜        💜    

I'm feeling regretful that I couldn't make it to post twice a week during the holidays because I actually had to prepare for a lot of exams during this time ಥ_ಥ #school But I will surely try to make some surprise double post whenever I can!^^

So, can XT finally produce the [P] sound? (◕⍸ ◕✿) See you next week to find out~!

Comments

  1. Hello, there.
    I am Fleeting from Fans Translations group (https://novelupdates.com/group/fans-translations/). I would like to have you join us. We have a large reader base which is waiting to try out your novel.

    You can reach out to us by email or https://fanstranslations.com/contact/

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Fleeting. Thank you for your comment, and I have sent you my reply earlier this afternoon through the URL you provided for me.

      Have a nice day too.

      Delete
  2. Thank you
    Merry Christmas and Happy New year 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy early new year!🎉💖🎊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Popular on this blog

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory [Chapter List]

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation]— Chapter 1 Part 1

My One and Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation] Introduction