My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chapter 1 Part 7

 Greetingshellmdeareaders! 

   Here's my promise! This is a very short chapter and is also the last part of Chapter 1, but we have Mu Chengheー finally!!! 

Chapter 1 Part 7: Mr. Beaver VS Miss Astro Boy 
Translated by Fei斐 & Proofread by 
Fei斐

    The sudden arrival of Mu Chenghe caused the number of attendees in the Russian class, which had been sluggish, climb again, and it could even be said to have increased unprecedentedly. This time, when he asked the students to read the word again, all at once, there were several white and tender hands rose up, volunteering to answer.

    He smiled faintly, "The last time, it was the class representative who couldn't read it. I thought that it was her first offense, so I let her go. If anyone doesn't know how to do it this time, I won't tolerate it. Copy the word twenty times." As soon as his voice fell, those braced arms disappeared in an instance.

    "No one?" Mu Chenghe glanced around the classroom, his thin lips opened slightly, then said with a slight regret, "Thenー it's the class representative."

    I stood up feeling outrageous and clenched my fists. Bai Lin hurriedly grabbed me, "Xiao Tong, we're in class now. Don't be impulsive."

    I suppressed the desire to strangle him to death, took a deep breath and replied, "I take the initiative to apply for copying twenty times, and I will give it to the teacher in the next class." I would endure.

    He raised his eyebrows, "Can't play the sound yet?"

    "No." I answered stiffly.

    "It's all right," he sighed. "Originally, I didn't like the Chinese people calling themselves with foreign names, but sometimes it's quite useful. I will help you choose a name in Russian, and I will call you one by one when I have thought about it."

    I snorted and didn't speak.

    Mu Chenghe thought for a while, "Although Xue Tong is not outstanding in the foreign language department ( appearance wise), she is considered a flower[1] when compared to the physics department (students). Why not call her Роза[2]."

    He smiled lightly and added, "But you have to work hard and practice your pronunciation dilligently, or the rose will turn into an osier[3]."

Osier

    The fellow Xiao Bai held my hand again and said in tears, "Classmate, your fate is really good. Chenghe, he gave you an extra lesson alone last time. This time, he personally gave you a name. If I had known, I'm willing to copy (the word) two hundred times. I also want to raise my hand." The girls, one after another, were determined to go up to the knife mountain and down the pan next time[4].

    Since then, there had been a famous saying from A University's Department of Foreign Languages. As long as you described someone who looked sorry, you could say: This person looks just like a rose. My leisure and comfortable college life takes Mu Chenghe as a turning point, and it was ruined in grief.

    💜        💜        💜    

[1] Flower meaning a beauty. 

[2] Роза means Rose in English.

[3] A/N: Tips for Russian knowledge blockhead: Роза—Rose, which contains the sound [р]. Mu Chenghe took this name to ask Xue Tong to face this problem every day. If the sound cannot come out , the pronunciation becomes лоза. лоза-Osier. 

       T/N: [р] sounds like 'R', while [л] sounds like 'L'. Some people might find it difficult to pronounce them because they can't locate their tongue in the right positions :).

[4] To charge forward against odds and difficulties. LOL.

    💜        💜        💜    

A brand new chapter awaits next week🌹(^∀^)ゞ See you~!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Popular on this blog

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory [Chapter List]

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation]— Chapter 1 Part 1

My One and Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation] Introduction