My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chapter 1 Part 4

 Greetingshellmdeareaders! 

    Knock, knock! Weekly update is here😊❁~

    In the previous chapter, we found out how charming Mu Chenghe was to everyone. It seemed like our Xue Tong's bad first meeting with our teacher Mu was pretty deeply engraved in her heart that she still can't let go and partly embarrassed... Is it finally going to change for the better this time? Keep on reading to find out~ꈍ .̮ ꈍ


Chapter 1 Part 4: Mr. Beaver VS Miss Astro Boy 
Translated by Fei斐 & Proofread by Fanie

    In addition to English and Chinese, many languages ​​had coronal consonants soundsー there was [р] in the Russian alphabet. When a person cannot pronounce the sound [р], it would sounded like [л]. The [л] pronunciation was similar to the letter "L". Chen Ting had taught it several times in class before. I didn't know how to do it, but Bai Lin and the others knew it all. As a result, [р] became my ultimate Russian deadlock. I would instantly became anxious whenever someone mentioned it.

    Bai Lin and I were two minutes late for class that day. There was only one door in the classroom. So every time you enter or exit, you could only walked from the edge of the podium, walking in a full view. Hence, being late was an extremely painful thing.

    Bai Lin reported our presence embarrassedly, "Report." And it interrupted Mu Chenghe. Mu Chenghe's gaze swept over, causing me to shrink behind Bai Lin. He probably didn't notice me. He nodded cordially and said, "These two classmates, it's actually not a bad thing to be late, but I'm afraid you will have nowhere to sit."

    Immediately, Bai Lin and I followed his gazeー the ground was crushed full of people under the podium. A large classroom that could fit 80 people suddenly had no space left. Just as Bai Lin and I were in a dilemma, a life-saving hand beckoned us.

    "Xiao Bai, have a seat here."

    Bai Lin took me and hurried over.

    "Why are you here?" Bai Lin asked. The beckoning person was Bai Lin's friend from the department of Mathematics.

    The friend said, "I also came here to admire."

    I wonder, "Admire?"

    The friend nodded and pointed to the group of girls in front of them, "These girls are all from our department, while over there are from the Chinese department." 

    Bai Lin was anxious.

    "You have so many males in the mathematics department. In comparison, our foreign language department only has these few lone seedlings, yet you have to grab them too. Is there or isn't there any justice left, ah?"

    The friend smiled sheepishly, "Xiao Bai, don't be so stingy, oh. We share resources, share resources."

    Resource sharing……

    Mu Chenghe rattled on, "Someone told me that Russian was not good because my classmates were not interested. Now, it seems that it is very unreasonable. Nowadays, the relations between China and Russia are getting closer. Moreover, Russia has become China’s largest power source partner……"

    Xiao Bai's friend put her chin on the table and stared at Mu Chenghe, who was still talking, with a dazed look.

    "Even his voice is so nice."

    If Mu Chenghe knew that the real reason for the Russian department revival turned out to be because of him, what would his face be like?

    "Really tasteless." I don't even want to see this kind of face. I disdainfully scorned in my heart and continued taking copies of the notes.

    "Let's review the vocabularies that we have learned in the previous lessons. I will ask a classmate to read it again. Is there anyone who wants to try first?"

    As soon as Mu Chenghe finished speaking, all the students, especially those who came from other departments, buried their faces quickly and uniformly. Mu Chenghe walked around, but did not call anyone out. He never intentionally made anything difficult for anyone, so he said casually, "Had Mr. Chen appointed class representative before?"

    "Yes." A classmate answered in a low voice.

    "Then, the class representative can read it." He said.

    As soon as the voice fell, everyone exhaled together. They raised their heads again and continued to be idiots, and the ones who were copying notes continued to copy them. Bai Lin faced me with a complicated expression.

    "Class representative, he called you." Bai Lin stabbed me with her elbow. It suddenly dawned on me that I was the hapless representative of the Russian class......

    "Class representative?" Mu Chenghe called again. Afterward, more grateful eyes cast towards me, so pretending to be absent was basically impossible. I stood up awkwardly. Seeing me, Mu Chenghe didn't seem to have any unusual expressions. He nodded and said, "Read the words on page 34." Probably, he remembered me no more.

    Fortunately, when I was learning the word Россия[1], I knew my weakness and tried to get through it. My tongue flashed and tried to dodge it at a full speed. Even so, I don't think it could escape Mu Chenghe's sharp ears.

    He said, "Wait, you read it again."

    I read it with a guilty conscience.

    He noticed something was wrong and corrected it, "Follow me and readーРоссия."

    I repeated mechanically.

    He threw a glance at me and seemed to come to a realization, "Class representative's [р] can't send[2]?"

    I bit my lip and didn't answer.

    He asked the others, "Is there anyone in our class who couldn't too?"

    None of the classmates in the room knew what medicine was put in his gourd, so no one dared to speak and stayed silent.

    "No one?" He asked, "Anyone?"

    The silence continued.

    "After class, class representative, come to my office. I will teach it individually."

    When I heard this sentence, I was stunned and then angry. Was it my fault that Chen Ting called me as the class representative? Was it my fault that I can't make the sound by nature? This man humiliated me in class, and now he would also tortured me after class. Thinking of this, it was inevitable for me to hate him even more. After I sat down, I found that the female classmates kept sighing. They were completely regretful.

    Xiao Bai's friend held my hand tightly and said with love and hatred, "Classmate, you must be so happy right now. When you come back, remember to tell us what does it feels like*." It felt like I was not going to be educated, but to go... devotedly.

    💜        💜        💜    

[1] Россия is translated as Russia in English☺ If you want to know how it is pronounced, you can copy&paste the word and google translate it since I am unable to insert audio here. 

[2] In case you are confused, it means she can't produce/pronounce the [р] sound.

    💜        💜        💜    

    Sooo, that's the end of this week's update! phew∗ Gotta hurry up and translate more chapters as my examination will be done on Wednesday (〇*>∀<)ゞ★☆ .

Here's my plan: once my school holiday [Est. mid December] is here, I will try my best to upload at the very least 2 parts every week ;)

See you next week~!


Comments

  1. For people who don't know Russian [р] sounds like [r]. [русский] sounds like ruskiy i think. I'm not from Russia but I have been learning Russian for 5 years.
    And thank you for wonderful translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Kasia. Thank you for commenting and reading my translation!

      Oh, no! I mean, oh yes, Russian is such a cool and challenging language.. But I'm so nervous to get something wrong on my update this Saturday because we'll get a (tinyyyy) bit technical with our Teacher Mu! (゚д゚;) Please come back and see if I got it right? (/ω\)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading and commenting!

Popular on this blog

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory [Chapter List]

My One And Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation]— Chapter 1 Part 1

My One and Only Love/ Exclusive Memory (Somewhere Only We Know) — 独家记忆 Chinese Book [English Translation] Introduction